The indoor sandbox

My mom introduced us to this idea: a bin full of rice. The perfect indoor sandbox. Easy to create and easy to clean up. Every kid likes different things to play with, and this is something that Daniel LOVES. He buries his trucks with rice then slowly digs them up, and of course calls me over to watch whenever a truck is emerging. Our neighbor gave us a couple large cans of rice from his 20 or 30 year old food storage. I know rice lasts that long, but in reality I would be a little nervous to actually eat it. So we put it to good use and made sock snakes, then poured the rest in a bin. Doesn't provide any nourishment, but instead provides hours of play!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great idea! I'll probably have to copy...I'm just afraid I'll end up with a floor full of rice. :)