
I started calling him Quasimodo

Can you see the resemblance? : )
So the doctor prescribed antibiotics which he ended up being allergic to, breaking out in a full body rash a week later.

Luckily the rash didn't seem to bother him. But as soon as the rash had cleared up, he caught something that caused him to have a super high fever for a couple days. He would wake up from his naps (or in the middle of the night... lucky us) with a fever of 105! Tylenol brought it right back down within 30 minutes or so, but he was a miserable little guy. I know he's sick when he'll lay on the couch and cuddle with me (which I actually love!... the only benefit of him being so sick). The first night he was up every couple hours, then last night he woke up about midnight and cried/moaned for an hour or so. I couldn't calm him down so finally passed him over to Pete who gave him a blessing. I swear Pete is a better "mother" than me sometimes. He turned on some soft music and sat with Joe in the rocking chair until he finally fell asleep. Why can't I think of soothing things like that in the middle of the night? Anyway, Joe FINALLY seems to be recovering. If it's true that what can't kill you will only make you stronger then Joe is going to be one strong dude when he is older!
3 comments:
Poor little guy! I'm always so glad to have a co-parent in John- he always thinks of different things than I do.
I feel your pain with the seemingly endless sickness. Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with it! Hope your littlest man is feeling better.
Oh, little Joe! It is so great to read about your family and I am excited for you and your new adventures with residency!
Post a Comment