Stolen Bike

A couple weeks ago Pete's road bike got stolen off of campus. His nice one! The lock was clipped, literally right behind his back while he was studying. A serious tragedy. Pete had put thousands of miles on that bike and ridden it in numerous races. Yesterday John and I were talking about how sad it was that his bike got stolen, and John said (these were his exact words), "But he has three children... who he likes." And it's true. There are a lot of other things that Pete still has that are much more important than his bike. Way to keep things in perspective John!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Wow... super sad about Pete's bike I know how much he loves that thing... but John's comment is AMAZING. What a cutie.

Natalie said...

What a great idea. When Hailey is a little older I will have to try that (right now she would probably just dump the rice everywhere)