"Word"

On Sunday Pete had to work from noon until 11pm.  Evenings can get long without him around, and this night in particular seemed to go on and on, and the kids weren't at their best.  While I was getting dinner on the table, the 3 older boys had SO much energy.  I thought that having them finally sit down would calm things down a bit, but the noise continued and finally pushed me over the edge.  So I raised my voice and said, "Can everyone please just quiet down!  Please!  I want just one minute of silence!  For just a minute I don't want anyone to say a word!"  It was quiet for about 5 seconds, then Joe looked up and said, innocently, "Word."  Then Dan pointed to Joe and said, "He wasn't quiet."  Our minute of silence didn't last long, but at least Joe made me smile.

No comments: