I think I'm way more excited about this than anyone else, but we FINALLY got a "new" kitchen table! Now that there are 6 of us sitting around it I thought it was time to upgrade from our 4 person table (really more like a large 2 person table... that thing was tiny, literally half the size of this new one). I had to take a picture of our first meal around it. We can actually put food in the middle of the table to pass around. We bought it from a family that just moved into our neighborhood that got a new one. This one has plenty of scratches, but it's solid and will last forever. We might try to sand it down and restain it one of these days, but for now it's kind of nice not having to worry about it.
Just look at that tongue! Will loves to stick out his tongue lately, I think it's so cute. He's also getting his first tooth! On the bottom, it's just barely starting to show. Will spends a decent amount of time on the floor, rolling around, playing with toys, and just recently will get up on all fours! He can't balance like that for very long, but I can't believe he can already do that.
As you can see, Dan is still going strong with those two middle fingers of his. We've got him down to just sucking them at night for the most part. And Dan loves to hold Will. They both looked so comfortable holding each other, I had to take a picture. This was during a movie night we were having upstairs.
The wonderful world of friends! The kids have made friends with all of the neighbor kids and play with them whenever they can. They mostly play outside riding bikes, jumping on the tramp or playing battle. John, Dan & Joe will all disappear for hours when the kids are around. I'm not complaining.
Homemade bows & arrows
Picnic in the backyard: Will & Dan
Playing/swinging at the park
Pictures Pete took on a bike ride he did. It really is beautiful here.
One of Joe's many funny faces. Sometimes I worry that he's going to stretch out the skin on his face, he's always distorting his face like this.
Free blueberry picking! The blueberry farm had such a good crop this year they decided to let people pick the berries for free the last couple weeks. I'm wishing we had a deep freezer.
Will has graduated from the Baby Bjorn to the Ergo Baby. Oh, the freedom. Will has become pretty grabby, I love that I can cook dinner, put away the dishes, clean up and go for walks without him trying to grab everything I'm holding.
Pumpkin doughnuts and apple cider season is here! Oh, I LOVE Michigan in the Fall.
Our neighbors let us try out their tandem bike this last weekend, while their daughter watched our kids. It was SO much fun, we've decided that we will definitely own one of these someday.
And last but not least, we've been busy cooking with all of the produce we've gotten from our garden. This year we planted zucchini, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, carrots and herbs. I love being able to walk out there right before dinner and pick all that I need right out of the garden.
Homemade salsa (using tomatoes and peppers)
Pasta (using zucchini, squash, peppers and basil)
Scrambled eggs and quinoa salad (using peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs)
Homemade gnocchi (with cherry tomatoes as side)
Pasta and veggies (homemade sauce using tomatoes and basil, then zucchini, squash and cucumbers on the side)










3 comments:
you are quite the chef! You should post those recipes, they look not only gorgeous but yummy too! I can't believe Will is already on all fours and graduated from the baby bjorn, Norah still fits in it just fine, I keep wondering when she'll have a major growth spurt.
my mouth is watering! I need a garden in my life...
Food looks yum and I so get you about the kitchen table! We had to knock a wall down to fit one in but it was well worth it.Rx
Post a Comment