Firsts

This Fall is bringing a lot of "firsts" for our family.  John started his first day of first grade last week (and his first time going to school all day!), this week Dan started his first day of preschool, Joe went to his first story time without his older brothers, Will got his first tooth, John and Dan have their first soccer games this weekend, I got my first sprained ankle a couple weeks ago (blah), and Pete went to his first session of physical therapy for his knee (I guess I was kind of digging for a "first" for Pete... that works).  




I feel like this Fall is bringing a lot of change for me and for our family.  We're entering a new stage.  Gone are the days of opening my planner to find an empty week with nothing scheduled and nothing we have to go to (I LOVED those weeks).  Of staying up late and sleeping in and staying in our pajamas well into the afternoon and playing Legos all morning.  Of waking up and saying to all the kids, "what should we do today?"  Then going wherever the wind blows us.  Whenever the wind blows us.  I'm sure going to miss having all my munchkins home with my every day.  John did kindergarten last year, but it was only for 3 hours in the afternoon.  It was nothing.  It kind of hurts to think he's with his teacher and friends more than he's with me now.

I was telling my mom about this new stage of my life, getting the kids off to school, getting them where they need to be, soccer games, piano, story time, etc... and I'm sure she had to be laughing inside, thinking, "You just wait!"  And I know this is just the beginning, but life sure has felt busy these last couple weeks.  Hopefully it will calm down a bit as we all adjust and get into the swing of things.  In a way it's nice to get up early and get everyone dressed and fed and ready to go for the day.  And to have places to go, people to see and things to do... but is it bad that I'm already looking forward to summer??

No comments: