My sweet little Will just turned 6 months! He is growing up right before my eyes, but I absolutely love the stage he is at. Will always has a smile for me (and everyone, for that matter), likes to stick out his tongue, can get to things by rolling around, gets up on all fours, loves being outside and is loved (sometimes too much) by his brothers. Will's bottom two teeth broke through a week or two ago, he's sleeping 9-10 hours at night (wakes up once around 4 to eat), and usually takes 3 naps/day. He's been my only baby who has been solely breastfed up to this point. He refuses a bottle, a spoon in his mouth, my finger with food on it in his mouth... so we've been joined at the hip since the moment he was born. It's amazing how much love I have for this little guy. He has certainly made my life busier and at times overwhelming, but I can't imagine life without him. I love you little Will!
I took Will in for his 6 month appt. a few days after I wrote this post, so here's an update with his stats:
Weight: 15 lbs 8 oz (10th percentile)
Height: 27 in (50th percentile)
Head circumference: 17 in (50th percentile)
I was shocked to see that Will has dropped to the 10th percentile in weight! Poor thing, I feel like I've been starving him. My body definitely hasn't been producing all the milk that he wants. It's funny because everyone that sees him comments on the little chub that he is, but I have realized that it's solely because of those cute chubby cheeks. The rest of his body is quite small. BUT we finally had a breakthrough just a few days ago and Will ate from a spoon! I had made some carrot soup and decided to let him try it. He actually let me put the spoon in his mouth and once we started going, I couldn't get it in their fast enough. Hooray! Hopefully we can put some meat back on those bones.





2 comments:
he's really really really really cute.
What a lovely blog! Your family is lovely. Following. Rx
Post a Comment