The big 6!

We celebrated John's birthday last week.  6 years old!  At this rate he's going to be 8, then 12, then out of the house in the blink of an eye.  I really am loving this time of life, with the kids young, naive and innocent.  They are my flock of little chicks that follow me around wherever I go.  And I suppose John is the leader of all these little chicks.  And what a leader he is.  He loves to play with his brothers, and has this sweet, high-pitched voice when he talks to "Willy Bill."  His two favorite things are playing with Legos and riding his bike.  John loves (really... loves) to help clean.  When it's time to deep clean, he'll get out all the supplies we need... broom, mop, paper towels, windex, duster... and line them up in the hallway so they're ready to go.  Then he'll ask what I want him to do.  John also loves working in the garden with his dad.  We're getting zucchini, squash and cucumbers almost daily, and John is always the one to go collect the harvest.  He'll bring in all the produce piled high with a big smile on his face and his eyes glowing.  John likes soccer and basketball.  When we go for a walk, if he's not riding his bike, he's dribbling or kicking a ball.  He's also into the typical boy stuff right now... Star Wars, Spiderman, Ninjas... He's quiet when meeting new people, but warms up quickly and is a good little friend.  He likes playing with our neighbors, Destin, Nikki and Taylor.  They'll jump on the tramp, run through the sprinkler, swim and chase each other around with guns and swords.  I recently let him start riding down the street and around the corner by himself to pick up our mail, and he thinks it's the coolest job in the world.  

The display of presents.

Pete and I got a new bike for John.  He's an animal on it!  I could hardly watch when he first started riding it, he goes so fast!

John loves his new basketball and Spiderman outfit :)

Spiderman sprinkler

Dan helped me make this cake for John

Birthday dinner!  Hotdogs, corn on the cob, fries and fruit.

We didn't do anything huge for John's birthday, just hung out at home doing the things John loves to do.  Swam in the little pool, played Legos, rode bikes, and ate the food he loves.  Happy happy birthday to our John!

1 comment:

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Yay John! Happy Birthday! We can't wait to play with you too! Peyton was wearing the same shark shirt as Dan yesterday. We are thrilled to see you guys!