My sweet mom came to our rescue this week. Pete had a week off after I had the baby, but spent 2 of those days in bed, sick with strep throat. So after caring for Pete and the 4 kids, having mom here was a welcome break! And much needed company. If I had it my way, she would have stayed for 3 weeks! Or just moved down the street from us permanently :)
Mom pretty much took care of the 3 older boys the entire time she was here. Woke up early with them so Will and I could sleep in, got them breakfast, took them on outings, read books, played games... and I was left to rest and be with the babe. I wasn't complaining.
But I did go to the park with everyone one afternoon. Beautiful weather and nice to get out of the house.
Mom took the 3 boys to the children's museum one morning. John just happened to be on spring break the entire week she was here. Great timing! It was nice to not have to worry about rushing home from anything to get him to school.
The kids brought home a book from the museum on paper airplanes.
Puzzles, board games, water balloon babies, the thimble game, hide-and-seek... mom came with all sorts of things up her sleeve!
A trip to the park with grandma.
A sweet big brother.
Grandma helped the kids make a fort downstairs.
Pete didn't have to work Friday, so we took advantage of having mom here and went for a long hike in the morning, then dinner and a movie that night. The Hunger Games :) Will came on our date with us, ate for 10 minutes during the movie, then slept during the rest!
Took grandma to one of our favorite lakes. Wasn't warm enough to swim, but we brought a picnic and let the kids play in the sand and at the park.
Easter! We were lucky to have mom here with us for this fun weekend. John first made his own little Easter egg hunt for his brothers. Hid eggs with little toy dinosaurs in them around the yard. He did it all on his own, he's such a cute brother.
Then we had the "real" Easter egg hunt Saturday night (thanks Grandma!) I think all the candy was gone within 24 hours.
The whole fam! I feel so blessed to have these 5 boys in my life. I am one lucky woman!!
Grandma with the whole gang.
Probably my favorite thing to do with Will. Nap with him on my belly. He probably won't be content doing this for too much longer, so I'll enjoy it while I can!
And my plan for surviving without my mom here? This woven wrap. My friend Alison showed me hers and how they work and why she likes them, and I was sold. So Will gets to be my walking, cleaning, cooking, and doing everything buddy. I love this wrap because it can comfortably hold a newborn. And then in a month or two he'll be ready to be tied onto my back. He has seemed to enjoy it so far, and I enjoy having my hands free. Win win.
Thanks for all of your help, mom! I seriously miss you already. Of course when I got home from the airport, Joe was tired and ready for a nap, peed on the carpet (we're doing the potty training thing right now), and Will started screaming and wanted to be fed. Let the fun begin :)















1 comment:
Nice post and pics, Jess. Lovely family (and gorgeous granny)!
Post a Comment