Catching Up

I've got a little catching up to do. Here we go...

The last snow fall of the year (unless there are more to come)... kind of a weak winter here in Michigan! It probably only snowed 5 or 6 times, a few inches each. The kids (and therefore I) had to run out and build a snowman and go sledding with each storm before the snow melted. A few times we were pretty much sledding on grass and collecting snow from our neighbors yard in order to get enough to make 3 balls. I won't complain about it not being too cold, but I really do wish there had been more snow!


We went to a Mitt Romney rally up in Flint a few days before the primaries. Since the political process never got too close to us living in Utah, we thought we'd take advantage of the cultural experience of a presidential rally.  And of course the kids were towed along for the ride.

One of the first warmer days... which means we were off to the park!  Yay for early springs!

I had to take a picture of this... every time we go to the grocery store (seriously every time), John insists on putting every single item up on the check out counter himself.  He gets mad if I try to help with anything.   Such a good little helper!

John and Joe walking hand in hand to the kids swimming lessons.  Nothing makes me happier than to see the kids loving each other.  Joe loves to hold hands.

Finally no-jacket weather!  We set up the tramp and have spent the last couple weeks playing outside.  Everyone around us seems to be coming out of the winter hibernation.  I've talked to more of our neighbors in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 4 months.

Hail from the storm that hit Dexter a week ago.  The tornado dropped down in a neighborhood no more than a half mile from our house.  We feel extremely fortunate that our home didn't get hit.  

A few days after the tornado hit we walked through where the worst of the damage had been.  It was unbelievable!  Entire houses flattened, and 70 homes in one small neighborhood damaged.  Miraculously there was not even one casualty.  Again, we just feel extremely fortunate.

82 degrees in March?!  Wednesday called for an afternoon at the beach.  The kids loved every minute.  It truly felt like summer!  (except that the water was a little more chilly)

The last shot of my growing belly.  Finally!  A picture that shows how big it was!

Probably my favorite thing to do here in Michigan so far... spend the day at the lake.  Can't wait for more days like this in the summer.

No comments: