First-date anniversary

On February 10th Pete and I celebrated our 11-year first-date anniversary! Wow. Time seriously flies. It's a fun tradition of ours to go out on the night of the 10th in place of Valentine's Day. We beat the crowds, it's easy to find a babysitter, the day has more meaning, and we get to do something with the kids on Valentine's. This year we went to the Dexter Pub in our own little town here. I'll be honest, it wasn't the greatest food or the most romantic atmosphere, but fun nonetheless to be with this amazing man that I met for the first time 11 years ago. I feel so lucky to be married to Pete and to have 3 (almost 4) beautiful boys. Before we headed out Pete was asking where he would be if we hadn't met. I answered, "Well, you'd probably be coming off some mountain after a full day of skiing... not surrounded by a small herd of loud children after an exhausting day of work." We both just smiled. We're living the dream.




I love you so much Pete!

2 comments:

Beth Clayton said...

happy anniversary! (Steve and I had our first date on Feb. 13, 8 years ago) fun memories!

Barb said...

You guys look pretty much the same all these years and kids later!