My boys. Such good little friends, I love them to pieces! Here they are in their "boat."
A couple weeks ago we had 5 of John's friends over to our house for a few hours on a day there was no school. They pretty much ran wild the entire time. I started a movie and served popcorn, but that only lasted until the popcorn was gone... then they were back at playing Star Wars, dressing up, fighting with play swords... running wild. They took a short break from the war to have mud pies (chocolate pudding with gummy worms and Oreos). After all the boys left, my house seemed very quiet and peaceful the rest of the night :)
Movie night! We rented How to Train Your Dragon last weekend and watched it in bed on our laptop.
Some more pregnant shots. Pete and I went out last night, so my hair was actually done, makeup on, and pajamas off (although I didn't end up changing out of my pajamas until 5 minutes before we left to dinner... some days just go like that. And why be uncomfortable longer than I have to?) Was my stomach this big with the others? It's hard to remember. And I guess I'm only going to keep growing these next 6 weeks. Sometimes I glance in the mirror and can't believe my tummy is poking out so much!


There's Pete, in all his glory :)

And a few stories...
Daniel has always been one who wants to do things on his own time frame. He's very willing to come to dinner when it's ready, get dressed in the morning and clean up... when he's ready, that is. For a couple years Pete and I would say "I love you" to him at night, but he would never respond. We would tell Dan that when we say "I love you" you say "I love you" back. But he always refused to make these words come out of his mouth. He would also refuse to kiss us. Whereas John has always kissed us good night and said "I love you" right back. I wondered if I should push Daniel to do these things, but I never did. Well, as in Daniel fashion, a few months ago, out of the blue, Daniel finally started saying "I love you!" Only he doesn't just say it at night before bed, he says it multiple times throughout the day, and it's always accompanied by a hug and even a kiss! He'll often just look at me and say, "I love you, mommy," and then pucker up and wait for a kiss. Music to a mother's ears. I guess the best things are worth waiting for :)
The last month and a half Pete hasn't had to be to work until 8. He doesn't have to leave until 7:30, which means the kids and I usually get to have breakfast with him (or at least whoever's up). For a few days, after Pete said his goodbyes, made the rounds of hugs and kisses and shut the door, Joe and Dan would desperately cry out for "Daddy" and would then run to the garage door for one final kiss and hug. Sometimes they would catch him early, sometimes he would be starting to back out of the garage. One final time, Dan didn't cry out until Pete was backing out. He ran into the garage and saw that Pete was driving away and the tears just started coming. He ran down the driveway wailing, and luckily Pete saw him. Pete backed up and gave Dan his final goodbye. We then decided that goodbyes need to end before Pete is out the door :) The boys sure love their dad! The nights that Pete is home by dinner, John always includes in his prayer "Thank you that daddy could eat with us," or something similar to that. And John often asks, "Is Dad going to be home early tonight?" These are 3 lucky boys, they have an amazing dad and always look forward to him being home. As do I!
2 comments:
Those cute little boys ... we miss them! It is funny how after having other kids over to play you realize that your own kids really aren't that loud. You look cute as ever pregnant! Wish I was as close to my due date as you!
you look so cute Jess. Your boys are adorable.
Post a Comment