Legos, legos and more legos

Lately all the kids want to do when we're home is play with Legos. They got a few sets for Christmas and already had a huge bin of Legos, so I think they are pretty much set for life (although at the rate we're going, I'm sure there will be new sets that join our collection in the future). It's fun for me to see the kids getting into something they love to do. Every once in while they'll build their own creation from different pieces we have, but what they really like to do is follow the instructions step by step, making sure they have every piece in the right place. Daniel especially gets upset if he can't find the right piece. And it has to be the right color. Lately they like to take certain cars/houses/ships/boats apart, and then rebuild them over and over again. John gave Dan a small Lego boat for Christmas, and I would love to know how many times Dan has taken that boat apart, only to put every piece back together again. The funny thing is, he'll put it together and then 2 minutes later have all the pieces taken apart just so he can build it again. I won't complain, it sure does keep them busy! I feel like we someday need a room dedicated to Legos and Bionicles. Right now that room is our front living room. So anyone who comes over gets to carefully step over all the Legos spread out all over the floor. A few days ago I had the kids help me move them downstairs in an attempt to clean the front room, and even set up a special corner down there just for Lego building. But the next day they wanted to bring them right back up. So that's what we did. Let the Lego building continue.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So cute! The legos all over the floor reminded me of this blog post I saw the other day about taping off a toy zone on the floor. I'll bet your kids could do it- I think Charlie is still too young to get on board with it.

http://www.parenthacks.com/2012/01/create-a-toy-zone-with-painters-tape.html