Michigan finally got a little snow! Yay! I don't think I would be quite as excited if I didn't have kids who loved the snow. But it gives us something new and exciting to do. John especially loves it and won't let us stay inside too long when there's fresh snow on the ground. It snowed on Friday, and my initial desire was to curl up in some blankets and read books to the kids (let's be honest, getting all the kids and myself ready to go play in the snow is a lot of work!), but John wouldn't have it. He first convinced Dan to go outside with him. And then when Joe saw his brothers heading outside all bundled up, he wanted to do the same. Which means I had to go out too, but it ended up being so much fun. It always is. We discovered a couple small hills in our neighborhood and walked over to those to sled. I was surprised that I never had to carry Joe! When it snowed near the beginning of December, Joe seemed paralyzed in the snow and I had to carry him or pull him on a sled everywhere, but this time he wanted to be off on his own trudging through the snow. He needed a little help walking up the steeper sledding hill, but that was it. I just kept thinking that I am SO glad our little baby isn't due for a couple more months, because winter is much easier without a newborn to worry about. I don't think I would be bringing a baby out in 25 degree weather for a couple hours. So I am enjoying all the things I get to do with these 3 little guys. That said, I am VERY excited and looking forward to having this baby here, I'm just glad he won't be here until the end of March (hopefully!)


No comments:
Post a Comment