The 5-hour plane ride, thankfully had no layovers. Came prepared with snacks, water bottles, paper, markers and crayons, small toys, stickers, and of course games on our iPhones. The kids were really quite good, it couldn't have gone much smoother. Hopefully I'll have the same experience flying home without Pete :)
My dad picked us up, we hadn't seen him since last spring! He was a welcome sight, ready with Oreos and, more importantly, energy for the kids. John and Dan got pulled on the suitcases all the way to the car, smiling and laughing the entire way.
It was really nice weather the first few days we were here, so that first morning we headed down to the water, about a half mile down the road. We kayaked, John built a sand castle with his aunt Audrey, then played a game of soccer on a public field right next to the beach. That was probably the highlight of my day! Playing soccer. My mom took Dan and Joe back up to the house and John stayed with all the adults to play. I'm sure I looked a little funny trying to run around the field at 6 months pregnant, but that didn't stop me! As we played, I realized that this is what I have been missing the last 6 months... being able to do things with the whole family. I have really enjoyed Michigan and being on our own, but there really is nothing that can take the place of family.
Dan with his uncle Andrew
Joe
Pete and John
Me, Pete, Joe and John. Dan refused to come over for this picture. Oh well.
Soccer!
That night some of the family went down to a fun street on Bainbridge and got ice cream. I stayed home, put Joe and Dan to bed, and read my book. That's one thing I always look forward to when on vacation: when there's down time I don't feel like I have to clean the house or get this or that done. I can just read a good book.
1 comment:
Looks really fun...I love Washington.
Post a Comment