The first morning they were here, the kids and I headed over to their hotel (they came with their neighbors who were here for the football game and stayed at a hotel the first few nights) for a swim. Then Pete and I were able to go to the Michigan football game with them. Quite an experience!
When we first arrived we were dripping with sweat. It was said that down by the turf it was 112 degrees! And it felt pretty close up in the stands.
Then half way through the game a storm blew in and dumped water on us. Typical Michigan weather, I suppose. Just before the fourth quarter they cancelled the game and we headed home where the winds picked up and were told there was a tornado warning. But like most tornado warnings up here, nothing became of it, but what a crazy day!
We took grandma and grandpa on our favorite little hike down by the river.

We had hopes of going to one of the lakes for Labor Day, but the weather was pretty chilly so we went over to Jenny's Market to see the animals and eat their yummy pumpkin doughnuts and fresh peaches.
Is this seriously my baby?! Joe looks like he's 5! Sometimes I don't realize how big he is until I see a picture of him.



Doughnuts... yummmm!
We sent John with his grandma and grandpa down the river for a 2-hour ride. It was a cool morning, but with the river being so calm you can just bundle up and not even touch the water. Dan, Joe and I headed over to the park and then down the river to await the kayakers.

Photo courtesy of Dan.
We also went to the Cider Mill for fresh apple cider and (more) doughnuts. And the kids spent hours and hours playing legos and cars with their grandpa over the few days they were here. I think they built almost every Lego set we have! The kids were pretty much in heaven. Thanks for visiting us Grandma and Grandpa! We miss you already!
3 comments:
What a nice post from a wonderful visit.
That looks enchanted. Seriously.
I mean...pumpkin doughnuts and cider??? It doesn't get much better than that!
Post a Comment