My little John had his first day of kindergarten on Wednesday! I seriously can't believe he's old enough to be going to school. Thankfully the kindergarten here is half day, I can't bear the thought of having him gone all day! We were assigned afternoon kindergarten, which I never wanted, but it does make our afternoons peaceful, with Joe napping and me having some one-on-one time with Dan. About a week before John started school it hit me that he was actually going to be gone every afternoon and was going to enter this big (and sometimes bad) world, and I shed a few tears, but I've been ok since then. I really will miss the freedom of being able to pack up the kids and go wherever we want, whenever we want, but I guess that's just how it goes. John has been the ideal first child: he's always eager to help with
whatever I'm doing (putting the groceries away, cooking, folding laundry, cleaning), he's an
amazing big brother and a great example to Dan and Joe, and is just all around a sweet kid. So you other kindergartners out there better not corrupt him! :) We love you John!



Pete's parents were here on that first day of school, so they stayed at home with Dan and Joe while John and I biked over to the school, which is less than a mile away. A fun way to start it off!
3 comments:
He does look like such a sweet boy. It is scary sending them out into the big bad world. We still have one more year before kindergarten and it is all day here :( So nice that you get half day.
Where does the time go? What a fun first day.
Oh I can't believe he is already a kindergartner! It will be so hard to send Owen off. I can only imagine how you felt but at the same time you know it's a good thing. John looks so cute!!
Post a Comment