Bye bye binkie
Joe has been our binkie boy pretty much ever since he was born. And to be honest, I loved having a baby that would take a binkie. I could quiet him down easily during church or in the car or whenever we were out and about. But he finally started seeming a little old to have a binkie all the time. When he turned 18 months I decided to try to just let him have it when he was going to sleep. That lasted for about a day or two. I'm kind of an all or nothing person, I can't really do things half way. So finally I decided to just make the binkies disappear. I didn't say anything to Joe, but starting about a week ago I simply just never gave him one again. He cried when going to sleep for the first few days, but ever since has been totally fine. John and Dan have found a binkie just a few times since then and have given it to Joe, but I sneak it away when he's eating then hide it. I tell ya, this is the way to do it! He wasn't old enough to put up a big fight about the binkie. They just disappeared one day, and he didn't seem to really care. So bye bye to the binkies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ugh! I need to do this! Kara is 15 months, and I think as soon as these dang molars finish coming in we will be saying bye bye to binkies too!
Post a Comment