7th anniversary!

On Thursday Pete and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! Even though our lives are very busy right now, we (and especially Pete) found ways to make this day special.

It started with Pete making me breakfast: an omelette and potatoes, my favorite!


Pete also bought me flowers the night before so I could enjoy them throughout that day.


I sent Pete texts with a picture every hour while he was at work reminding him of each of the 7 years we've been together. Our lives are quite different from when we first started out! In a good way.


It all started 10 years ago... when a boy swept a girl off her feet from the moment their eyes met :)


3 years later came the big day! The happiest and most exciting day of their lives. The beginning of a new adventure.


What a fun first year! Some people say the first is the hardest, but for these two it was heaven!


At the end of their second year came their first little bundle of joy.


But that didn't slow them down too much! Little John was a trooper and came along on all the adventures.


The 4th year brought boy #2. And the end of sleeping in.


This little guy came the next year, bringing the boy count up to 3. He rocked their world at times, kicking them into survival mode and taking up any free time they may have had. But they did manage to dance for 10 seconds together at her brother's wedding :)

Woops, jumped the gun on lil Joe. They thankfully did NOT have him just one year after Dan. They enjoyed a year of man-to-man defense before switching over to zone.


That brings us to the 7th year! Wrestling 3 little munchkins is a lot of work, but they finally got their feet under them... at least for now :)

After Pete got home, around 8:15 pm, we put the kids to bed and snuck out for a late night dinner and walk (with a babysitter left at the house, of course). We tried a cute place in Dexter, The Red Brick Kitchen. Yum! Then walked around town... something we never get to do on our own anymore. Thanks for a wonderful day, Pete and for 7 wonderful years! I love you so much!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow 7 years! That is awesome and you guys have accomplished so much! I'm glad you got to celebrate!

Jill Lau said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved your man-to-man and zone comment. Made me laugh!!

Jessica Holly said...

CONGRATS! You guys are the best :)

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Happy Anniversary and late birthday to Pete! Can you believe it has been this long? We are coming on anniversary number 8! By the way I totally had that same shirt as you in the first pic. I will call you soon when my children are preoccupied and we can actually talk.

Beth Clayton said...

fun to look back at those pictures. happy anniversary!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it was about that long ago that we met you guys... good times at College Park! So glad you were able to get a night out!

143Record said...

Lovely blog you have here