Homemade pizza
I've made pizza quite a few times from scratch... grinding my own flour, making the dough, making the sauce, sauteing the vegetables, etc. Even if I don't do it all at once, this is a LONG process, taking 2 or even 3 hours of my day. Finally when I have things ready to go I'll have the kids come help roll out their own little pizzas and put on the sauce and cheese. Well, Pete knows I have a quest to find every easy but really tasty recipe out there. Recipes that have 30 minutes or less of prep time, but are healthy and good. And this is NOT one of them. Some people really love to cook and don't mind spending hours in the kitchen. This is not me. If I'm in the kitchen for more than an hour getting dinner ready I start to think of all the other things I could be doing with my time. So, I have come to the conclusion that this process of pizza making will have to be saved for special occasions only (or saved for when the kids are grown and I have time to kill... which is definitely not now). In the meantime, it will be replaced with this: Pita bread, store-bought sauce, and grated cheese. I made these for the kids the other day, it took about 5 minutes of prep, and I thought to myself, "Why in the world have I been spending 3 hours making pizza?!" The kids liked it just as much, and really it's pretty much the same healthwise. And the best part? I got 3 extra hours in my day. What easy, quick recipes do you like?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks good! I'll have to try it with the pitas as the crust. One of my favorite quickies is tuna casserole (mostly because Justin loves it). Just cook any kind of small noodles, then combine in a casserole dish with 2 cans cream of chicken, 1 can milk, 1 can tuna a handful of cheese and top with crumbled crackers or bread crumbs. Cook at 350 for 30 min and you're done. Super simple and only one pot to clean.
I used to make those all the time for my boys-so easy right?!
Post a Comment