Birthday surprise

Last week I turned 28, woohoo! One year closer to 30 : ) I seriously feel like I'm still in my early 20's, I don't know where the time has gone. But then I meet someone who is 20 and think to myself, nope, I am not that young. This birthday was probably one of the best birthdays ever. We didn't do anything wild and crazy... but Pete bought me a ticket to HAWAII!!! And we leave next week!!! And yes, Pete is going too. He was already going over there for a conference, all expenses paid. We had talked about me going with him earlier but decided to save the money for our move (or at least that's what I thought we had decided), but then he surprised me with this. I seriously can't wait!

So Pete and I were traveling to Michigan to look for homes on my actual birthday, so we celebrated the day before. My sister-in-law Megan took me out to lunch at Zupas along with the other sisters, then our neighbor Jack took our little fam out to Cafe Rio (two of my all-time favorite restaurants), then we came back for presents and ice cream cones. Couldn't have been much better!






Apparently Joe didn't want to be in this picture.


In memory of my mom, who never failed to take a picture of us on our birthday with all our gifts, I took a picture with all the goods. I was seriously spoiled.




My 4 favorite boys.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Happy birthday, Jess! I'm so happy for you guys that you're going to Hawaii! What a fun surprise.