I recently went up to Park City with my girlfriends and had a "craft night." We had dinner, went hot tubbing, then crafted the night away. We left all the kids at home with our hubbies, so fun! One of the things I worked on was this diaper and wipes carrier. I had never used vinyl for any of my projects so decided to give it a go. And you can better believe I will be using vinyl again! I love how durable it is and that the edges don't fray. I didn't take pictures along the way, but the instructions are easy:
1. Cut out a 22" x 7 3/4" piece of vinyl
2. Sew velcro on both ends of the vinyl: one on the right side and one on the wrong
3. Fold right sides together leaving about 4" at the top for the flap and sew down the sides
4. Turn right side out and there you have it.
I also sewed on a strip of fabric I liked for added interest before I sewed the sides together.
These make great baby gifts!

No comments:
Post a Comment