Thursday was Match Day! We met with all the 4th year med students up on campus, were handed a letter and, with all the other students and their families, found out where we'll be spending the next 4-6 years of our life... Ann Arbor, MICHIGAN! We couldn't be more excited. But definitely bitter sweet, there are so many people and things we will miss here in Salt Lake. But we are excited to start this new stage of our life and look forward to exploring a new place. I felt honored to be in that room with more than 100 students who had survived medical school and worked so hard to get here. And what a fun group of people. I'm so proud of Pete for working so hard and doing so well to make it to this point. He'll be training in Adult Psychiatry with the hope to follow that with Child Psychiatry and an Addiction Fellowship. I feel like he could have been amazing in any specialty, but he will be especially good in this one. We have a lot to do in these next few months, but I'm looking forward to this new adventure!


Right before opening the letter. Oh, the anticipation!

Michigan! Woohoo!

We were saved by Angry Birds. John and Dan were getting pretty restless by this point.

And Happy St. Patrick's Day! These are the 3 little munchkins we will be taking with us.
8 comments:
Hooray! We are so excited! You guys will only be an hour and a half away! We should do temple trips together! I can't wait to tell Romney!
Congrats to your guys! We are in Michigan also for rotations and we will be in your boat in one year! We are about 40 min from Ann arbor in grosse pointe farms but if need anything, please let us know!! Good luck with the cross country move! Zaneandlexi@gmail
On to the next adventure!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We couldn't be happier for you two. You guys are so amazing and if anyone deserves this you guys do. We are so proud of you Pete! I don't know why but when I was looking at these pictures I started to cry! I guess I could just see the relief/accomplishment in your eyes and it made me so happy for you. We love you guys!
Yeah! You guys are going to love it. I know this is huge but if anyone can do it, it is you guys. There is just something about living away from Utah, family, and friends... you make more friends, you treasure your family more if it is possible, and you make amazing memories. Good Luck!
Jess, you guys are going to loooovve it there! I went to visit Greg & Kelli when they were living there and I would move there in a heart beat. Plus, people love to run there (random, I know), so I bet you guys will fit right in :) I'm so happy for your cute family.
p.s. you'll have to contact Kelli and get info from her on living there . . . she will be a good contact. Good Luck!
Wow congratulations Jessica and Pete for finishing such a big part of school. My husband Kc just finished Chiropractic school that was 4 years and now we have to decide where to move. Having to choose is sometimes hard, I wish someone would give me a letter. But I am sure that was an intense way to find out where you will live for the next 4-6 years.
Hey, my name is Tracey and my sister in law is Sarah Nelson Kramer. We live in Ann Arbor and love it. Email me traceymkramer@gmail.com. We live in Northwood 5 right next to the forest, we have three boys and two girls. We'll make you dinner sometime.
Post a Comment