One of those days
I swear every time I feel like I'm finally on top of things and that I'm being a good mom and wife and the kids are happy and I'm getting everything done that I need to and more, I fall off that high place and my whole world gets shaken up. Things somehow fall apart right before my eyes and I'm back at square one. Today was one of those days. One of those days where I wake up counting down the minutes until the kids will be in bed for the night. Where I'm running around in circles all day, not getting anything done that I need to. Where I'm breaking up fights and hearing words I don't want to hear for all but maybe 20 minutes of the day (John told Dan, "I'm going to kick your butt." Are you kidding me?!!! Where on earth did he learn that?) Where I'm trying so hard to be patient, then failing. Thankfully these days are far and few in between, but they're always a slap in the face. How do I avoid these days? If nothing else I guess they make me appreciate the good days when the kids play nice, I have fun things planned, and we actually get to see Pete. He was on call tonight so worked a 14-hour day. Yuck! BUT he doesn't have to be at the hospital until 10 tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so relieved to hear that I am not the only one who sometimes feels like I live for bedtime! You are amazing Jess!
Post a Comment