10-year first date anniversary

February 10th was mine and Pete's 10-year first date anniversary! Wow. The Highland Highschool Valentine's Dance. Pete went to East and had seen me around, telling some of my friends that he thought I was cute (even telling one that he was going to marry me. Before we had even talked!) So word got around that this hot guy from East thought I was cute (and boy was he hot! Almost a little too hot, I didn't think a guy like that would ever go for me). This went on for a couple months, our paths crossing every once in a while, but neither of us having the guts to even talk to each other. And then, with the Valentine's Dance coming up, my friends convinced me to ask Pete to it. I don't know how I mustered up the courage to do it, but I did. And before I knew it I was standing on his front porch, talking to him for the first time, being handed the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I had ever received. And that's the day my life changed forever (that sounds so cheesy, but it's true.) It was love at first sight for me. Pete later admitted that he was nervous I didn't like him all that much after that first night because I didn't say too much, but boy was he wrong! For dinner and the dance we took handicapped kids with us. Our date was Key, an awesome kid. Then headed out to Classic Skating for disco night, then Village Inn for shakes. One of the best nights of my life. Thanks, Pete, for 10 wonderful years!



10 comments:

Steve and Liz Evans said...

I know I see you all the time but I had to comment! Look how little you guys are! I love it!

t.t.turner said...

What a cool first date, and such a fun story.

Kevin Marcum said...

Nice way to memorialize a " forever" story.

Barb said...

Oh my goodness, adorable. I remember when you guys started dating! And way to go to ask him out first, I asked John out on our first date! And apparently, it worked out well for both of us!

Allison Tiek said...

I love it!! I can't believe it's been 10 years! And I look so awesome in that picture... Funny how old we thought we were but we were just babies!

Sarah Marie said...

That is such a great picture :) Happy anniversary guys!

Unknown said...

My goodness you too are adorable. It might be the postpardum hormones, but I got a little teary reading this! So glad that you two found each other. A perfect pair if you ask me!

Courtney said...

My goodness you too are adorable. It might be the postpardum hormones, but I got a little teary reading this! So glad that you two found each other. A perfect pair if you ask me!

Jane said...

so great!!

Ellen said...

I LOVE this post! I still can't believe that some people actually marry their HS sweethearts! ;) This is the one dance in HS that I didn't go to. I think Bec and I went to a swim meet in Provo that night.
I'm glad you and Pete got married because you are TOTALLY MFEO!! (That's Made for Each Other.)
Oh, and I'm excited that you are moving to Michigan. When do you go?