We're not young newlyweds anymore

I realized this when my brother 4 years younger than me got married a few weeks ago. We flew down to Fresno for the wedding with the 3 kids the week before Christmas and enjoyed a great, but very tiring, weekend. Steve and Jess are a beautiful couple and it was so fun to be a part of the wedding. It seems like yesterday that that was us... having a day where everyone came to celebrate us, and then riding off into the sunset... actually to Cancun, where we spent one of the best weeks of our life. That was only 5 years ago, and now I find myself juggling 3 kids, trying, with little success, to keep the house in order, changing the never-ending diapers, wiping the never-ending tears, keeping bellies full, and trying to squeeze in some alone time with my dear husband. Just 5 years ago it was easy to find all the time in the world for each other, and now we're lucky if we get one date a week and one hour each day after the kids go to bed. How did life change so fast?! I feel like it was yesterday that I could go grocery shopping in 30 minutes, sleep through the night without any interruptions, go running whenever I wanted, and do all the laundry for the week in one load. Yet I wouldn't trade my 3 boys (well, 4 if you count Pete) for the world! With hard work and sacrifice comes true joy and happiness. I can't imagine life without them. A few weeks ago we awoke to all 5 of us in the same bed: Daniel, Pete, John, me and Joseph. After a somewhat sleepless night, me and Pete couldn't help but look at each other and smile. Nope, we are definitely not newlyweds anymore!

1 comment:

Julie said...

haha, that's way cute Jess. I can totally relate, and we just have one little one. I can't believe how fast it happens. It was fun to see you at Liza's wedding shower!! I hope we get to see eachother again soon.
(I love your Christmas pictures too, you sure have a cute family Jess)