My favorite time of year

This is the time of year that I look forward to all year long! I love the feeling that comes along with Christmas and all the fun activities we get to do.

We went to the Robinson Tree Farm the Monday after Christmas to pick out a tree. John was the final decision maker. We were deciding whether to get a small tree to put on top of a table we have in our family room, or a full size one. John, in a sad voice, made the argument that only one person would be able to decorate the tree that fit on top of the table since it was so small, so we went with the big one. Good choice, John!


Last week me and the kiddos went to the Festival of Trees with some other medical students spouses and their kids. The highlight was DEFINITELY seeing Santa Clause. John was very excited, to say the least! He asked for a flashlight and toothpaste... should be an easy Christmas for me!




And last night we went to see the lights at Temple Square. They were beautiful, as always. I think the temperature was in the teens or below (!) We pretty much went from our car to the Visitors Center, trying to hurry before our hands and noses froze. We saw the statue of Jesus, and as we were coming back downstairs Daniel yelled out, "Bye bye Jesus!" He is such a funny kid! He was whiny and high maintenance most of the night because of the cold, but at least he made us laugh at least once!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I must agree! I love this time of year!!

Melissa + Brett said...

Oh my goodness...your Christmas card is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Isn't this time of year even better now that we have kids!!!

Tiff-E said...

Such fun! I apparently haven't checked your blog in a while, I am loving all the posts, especially the one with the 3 boys all together! They are so stinkin cute! But like you didn't already know that! :) I'm sad I missed out today...next week??? (By then hopefully none of us will be sick-heads!)

nate said...

hey jess, did you do an ad for food storage? I just saw one on BYU.TV and it totally looked like you. Merry Christmas from the McConkies.