5 National Parks in 5 days!

Pete and I just returned from a week long trip to Southern Utah. Yep, just me and Pete, no kids! (accept the one in my belly) Pete surprised with this trip a month or two ago and had it all planned out. We started out in Moab at my mom's family reunion, then sent the boys home with her and visited all 5 National Parks in Utah. We ended the trip in Cedar City and went to a couple plays at the Shakespearean Festival. It was so nice to have so much alone time with Pete. I forgot how easy it is without kids : ) But we were sure excited to get home and see them! Here are a few of the highlights...




The Slickrock Trail in Moab



Arches, the Fiery Furnace



Canyonlands


Biking to Porcupine Rim in Moab (I don't know if I would call this a "highlight." I really didn't like the trail too much, but it had a nice view at the end.)


Little Wild Horse Canyon, just outside of Goblin Valley.


Swimming down the Fremont River in Capitol Reef.


Capitol Reef


Bryce Canyon


Zion's, the Narrows

Thanks for the fun trip, Pete!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Okay, so did I miss the post where you announced that you were prego? I HAD NO IDEA! (I've been pretty out of it though, with the move...) Congrats!

That looks like an amazing trip! I love Utah. It's so gorgeous!

t.t.turner said...

We must have crossed paths at some point this past weekend - we were in Cedar City and went to the Shakespearean Festival too! Congratulations on another baby! :)

Julie said...

wow! Fun trip Jess!! We hiked the narrows a few years ago and I thought it was a total blast. You guys are so cute, what a fun getaway!

Julie said...

Wow! I admire you two (and especially you for being pregnant and doing it all!) One day I'd love to see all of those places. Good idea Pete!

Brett and Mallory said...

What a great idea! It seemed like a fun trip. Props to Pete for planning it. Also, congrats on the 3rd pregnancy! That is so exciting.