My big 3-year old!

We celebrated John's 3rd birthday yesterday. Three years old, I can hardly believe it! Pete's parents threw a little party for him at their house and invited my family over. We had a yummy dinner, chocolate cake (at John's request), then watched John open his presents. Fun night!


We started out the day with breakfast: french toast and strawberries. Kind of a bust, I'll be honest. Right after I made it, John decided he wanted to play with toys for a while, then when he finally sat up to the table told me he wanted waffles. Well, I wasn't going to make him another breakfast (is that mean on his birthday?), so he finally ate a few cold bites.


John getting his "flower, chocolate" cake. Boy was he excited!


He snuck over into a chair in the corner of the yard and went at it.




Watching John open his presents was hilarious! On this present he carefully picked off each piece of confetti taped to the top and then through it in the garbage. He was careful to put all the wrapping paper and tissue paper from each present in the garbage, even before he looked at the gift! Everyone was very patient.


He finally made it to the gift.


John and Daniel blowing bubbles with their aunt Lizzie.

6 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

I can't believe how old our boys are getting! Happy birthday John! That went by so fast. He is adorable.

Sarah Marie said...

Happy birthday John! I can't believe he is three! Wow. I love how he opened his presents :)

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Happy birthday John!! Looks like a fun party!

Julie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday John! I can't believe he is already 3! What a big boy. :)

Tiff-E said...

Yay! Happy Birthday John!!! You know we're big fans of yours!!! -Love Tiff and Kaylie (and Joshy too!!!)

Durrant said...

Happy birthday John! Wow three already?! Looks like a fun party!