The boys wanted to be ninjas for Halloween this year. Well, John and Dan wanted to be ninjas, then convinced Joe to be one too, and then we couldn't leave Will out. So John was Jay, the blue ninja, Dan was Kai, the red ninja, Joe was Zane, the white ninja, and Will was Lloyd, the green ninja. To buy 4 official Ninjago costumes would have cost more than I was willing to spend, so I thrifted everything and made them for under $15. I love Will's pilot hat, I found the pattern here.
The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins and made pumpkin doughnuts, a tradition we started last year.
Dan dressed up for preschool and they had a little parade down the hall. Dan's friend Collin was the black ninja, Cole. Apparently a popular costume this year.
The elementary school had a parade too. It made for one busy day! After John got home from school, we had an early dinner then set out for trick-or-treating. Pete and McKenzie took all the kids and I stayed home to hand out candy. With all the houses so close together in our neighborhood, the kids finished up pretty quick, going to the end of the street and back.
That same night, John started getting his candy ready to sell. He carefully taped a small piece of paper to each piece and labeled it with a price (this was his own idea). Over the next week or so he sold them to his brothers, to us, to the neighbor kids, to anyone who was willing to pay. He ended up making more than $15! Well done John.












3 comments:
Impressive! I love their costumes, and those pumpkins are pretty great too.
UGHHHH
-Eliza (not Tyler)
Cute costumes! That cracks me up that John sold his Halloween candy.
Post a Comment