Second wind

I've got 11 more days to go until my due date. I'm going to be honest, after Joe coming 5 weeks early I just didn't think I'd go this long. But I feel like every day that goes by is a day for the baby to get stronger and more developed (and for me to get larger and more uncomfortable... but what can you do.)

A couple weeks ago I woke up one morning extremely sore. I felt like I had been riding a horse for 2 weeks straight, and every step was painful. I think the baby had dropped into a new position and it had taken a toll on all surrounding muscles. I'm sure Pete heard a lot more complaining than he would have liked to that weekend. I still had 3 weeks to go at that point and thought there was no way I was going to survive 3 weeks feeling the way I did. But lo and behold after a few days the soreness went away and I felt like a new woman! I told Pete I got my second wind. I feel like I somehow (well, I shouldn't say "somehow"... it was an answer to prayers) I have energy again, I feel comfortable (as comfortable as one can feel at 8 1/2 months pregnant), and I haven't been as anxious to get this baby out. Rather I am quite enjoying being able to get so much done in a day, only waking up once at night to use the bathroom, "only" buckling up 3 kids in the car, spending half the day snuggling with Joe when he's sick, sending the kids out to play and having the house all to myself, and only changing 2 or 3 diapers a day :) I've got it pretty good. That said, I can't WAIT to meet this baby. John and Dan are talking about it more and more and keep asking when the baby's going to be here. Nothing like bringing a new little spirit into your home. But until then, I'll enjoy my "freedom"!

No comments: