Catching up

I have finally decided I need to catch up on my journaling/blogging. I'm pretty sure to catch up completely is going to take me all night, I feel like so much has happened in the last few weeks! So first of all, here are a few random things that have happened this month...

We got a few pumpkins to go on our porch earlier this month from a pumpkin farm down the street. I have always dreamed of being able to pick our pumpkins right off the vine from some cute little farm, and now we can! We plan to buy a few more this next weekend to carve for Halloween.

Notice Joe's battle wound on his chin... I shouldn't smile when thinking about how it happened but I can't help it :) I was getting dinner ready in the kitchen and had left our front door open so I could hear the kids playing out front. John and Dan came inside so Joe was left alone. A minute later I hear a scream of bloody murder out front and race out in time to see Joe riding on Dan's plasma car zipping down our driveway at a speed I haven't even seen his older brothers dare go. Having no idea how to stop, Joe finally baled on the concrete right before getting to the road. It was like watching one of those clips of someone getting hurt, and while it should make you feel bad for the person, it makes you laugh instead. Poor Joe, sorry if I was trying to hold back a smile when I ran to pick you up!

This picture doesn't show what we were doing or where we were, but I thought it was so cute of John and Joe. We went to an RSN playgroup (for residents spouses) to a fire station, so this is when they were taking their turn sitting in the fire truck. The playgroups have been a fun way to see new things and meet new people.


Towers, towers and more towers! John and Dan LOVE building towers with blocks. It doesn't show it in these pictures, but they usually place all their army guys on top and around the towers, then shoot them and the tower down with their Nerf guns while hiding behind the couch. Boys.



We went on our last outing to a lake a couple weeks ago when temperatures got up to the 70's again. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing temperatures that high for another 5 or 6 months :( So this was our one last hurrah.




We were on a walk and Joe started making the funniest faces... he saw a big puddle in the grass that would have probably gone up to his knees. Knowing he LOVES to stomp in puddles, I quickly said, "Oh Joe, you don't want to step in that water, it's very cold, ooooooh," and shivered. Then he started copying me. His chubby little face cracks me up!

1 comment:

Jessica Holly said...

I just want to kiss those cute little cheeks of his!!