Make it yourself window paint

We haven't had much going on the last few days so I decided to try something new. The kids love to paint so I found a recipe for making your own window paint: you simply mix together 2 parts dish soap and 1 part washable finger paint. The kids helped me mix them in little jars then went to town on the sliding glass door. I was thinking this might be a fun rainy day activity, but after doing it there's no way I would ever do this inside!


It started out clean enough...


But with three boys working at once you never know what's going to happen...


They started out by using brushes, but quickly tossed them aside wanting to experiment using their hands. Joe even tried out painting his body... but soapy paint just doesn't feel good on the eyes...


And soon I was faced with a HUGE mess... hmmm, don't know if we'll be doing this activity again! BUT, the kids really did love it. Until they had to be sprayed down with the hose from head to toe.

Not recommended for children under 3. And not recommended for more than 1 child at a time :)