The wonderful world of make believe

I don't want to jinx it, but John and Dan have been playing SO good together lately. The fighting has dropped from about 60% to 25% of the time : ) and it is so much fun to watch and listen to them play. I think a big part of it is that Daniel has finally stepped into the world of make believe. They'll pack their backpacks full of whatever is lying around and go on trips, dress up with their guns, swords and shields and go looking for the bad guys, set up a train track and take Thomas to the doctor or James to the airport, make towers with our blocks and set up their army guys across the top to look out for more bad guys... they are the cutest little buddies. My favorite is when they are coloring next to each other. Every once in while one person will tell the other, "Look how much I colored!" or "Look what I did!" and the other person will say,"Wow!" or "That's great!" They'll cheer each other on, it's so cute. I want them to stay like this forever.

3 comments:

Barb said...

That is so darling. I know they'll always be pals.

Kevin Marcum said...

Reminds me of my oldest children...

ashley said...

It is so great to see your little ones playing "well" together isn't it! I used to feel bad that I couldn't give Emmaline all the same attention that I gave Ainsley and just recently I've realized she has something better...her sister:)