Making bread

One of the kids favorite things to do is to help me make bread. No matter what they're doing, when I ask them if they want to help me make bread, they come running. There's something about getting your hands dirty and digging them into a sticky piece of dough that kids can't resist. I always make a little extra dough for them to play with (and sometimes it will make it to a pan and even turn in to something yummy after it cooks). They can make a mess on one side of the counter so I can be compulsive and a perfectionist with my loaves on the other. Lately the favorite is to make cinnamon twists. They roll it out, cut it in strips with a pizza cutter, dip it in butter, then cinnamon sugar, twist it and put it on the pan. Sadly, this batch got burned (whoops!), but luckily they didn't seem to mind. Playing with the dough is the fun part anyway.


No comments: