Babysitting group
My mom used to watch our kids every week so Pete and I could go on a date... and I think mostly so that she could spend time with the kids : ) So when she moved with the rest of my fam, we decided to set up a babysitting group, so that we could continue our dates. We and two other families take turns watching each others kids every other Friday. It has been SO nice to have a set night that we can go on a date, with free babysitting and all. We'll watch everyone's kids one Friday (which we have found is easiest to do at the church since our house has very limited space), then have two free nights of babysitting after that. Last Friday we decided to take advantage of the warmer weather and the mountains (since we'll be leaving them in 2 months!... wipe a tear) and went mountain biking. We wrestled the gully of pain, me walking half of it and Pete of course killing it. He didn't have to get off his bike even once! He's always telling me how out of shape he is and then goes and does something like this. Anyhow, it felt SO good to be on our bikes again! This will definitely be repeated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I laughed out loud at the "wrestling the gully of pain" image, priceless. I'm glad you guys get to go out on dates- it's a lifesaver, isn't it?
Post a Comment