The institution of "Quiet Time"

Until 3 or 4 months ago, Joseph, Daniel AND John were consistently taking naps everyday. Well, my quiet, relaxing afternoons are slowly coming to an end. John is growing out of naps, and Daniel seems to be following in his brothers footsteps. With Joe waking up around 6 am everyday, days can get VERY long without some down time in the afternoon. So I've decided to start giving the older boys some "quiet time" when they don't nap. A lot of people I know have done this for their kids, but I haven't really needed it until now. So John and Dan went into different rooms today with a stack of books and some toys and played alone for an hour. And what a great hour that was! Definitely making it part of our daily routine. The house was quiet and I got some alone time with Joe while I cooked in the kitchen. The kids are constantly with each other and I think it's really nice for them to have an hour to breathe. And I'm looking forward to having my quiet afternoons back.

No comments: