Last Friday I opened my planner to find we had absolutely nothing scheduled that day... I LOVE those days. So the kids and I stayed in our PJ's half the day and made crayons. I've been wanting to do this project for a while. I first saw this idea on
The Sleepy Time Gal (which is one of my favorite blogs!), and later on our
Poshish blog. We had a TON of dull and broken crayons, so this was the perfect way to use them up. You start by breaking them all up into pea size pieces. We sorted them by color, then filled muffin tins with various combinations. Bake at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Cool (can be put in a freezer to speed the process), then remove and use! The fun part was making them, John and Dan actually weren't all that interested in using them once they were done (of course). In fact, Dan even asked if he could have the "normal" crayons.

You start with this


Joe did the opposite of help with this project... thankfully he went down for a nap about 30 minutes into it : )

We all took turns taking the labels off, cutting them up and sorting.




Wahlah!
No comments:
Post a Comment