Thanksgiving in... Texas!

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually getting around to updating my blog. I went to bed really early and woke up before the kids and had almost a full hour all to myself! For Thanksgiving we travelled down to Texas to see my sister and her family. We were there for a whole week! And we got to put on our first Thanksgiving dinner without our parents... and I must say it was pretty successful. The pictures will do the telling...






Thanksgiving was followed by lots of football watching.


We enjoyed a couple warm days at the park. On Monday it was 71 degrees! Joe and Colt had fun sharing a swing.


Shampoo mohawks


On Sunday we went to the Botanical Gardens for some family pics




By the end of our stay, the cousins were acting more like siblings... with all the fighting and teasing that go along with it : ) But they still love each other!



On Tuesday we drove in to Fort Worth to the see the Stockyards. The authentic Texan cowboy experience. We walked around the Western-preserved streets and watched the cattle drive. Those are some long horns!




On our last night there we of course had to try out a Texas BBQ restaurant.


Thanks Brittney and Justin for a fun trip! We can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!

No comments: