Last night Pete got some kind of bug that caused him to be violently sick to his stomach. Well, early this morning (at like 4 am) I woke up with the same bug. I was unable to sleep, but it thankfully didn't hit me quite as hard. This morning, with Christmas nearing I started thinking of all the things I needed to do and, not feeling well, started stressing myself out. So much to do and so little time! And for some reason this year I have felt extra overwhelmed. Actually I know the reason. Three reasons. I love my boys to death, but it is nearly impossible to get much done during the day with them! Each day seems to fly by, and by the time I finally have the kids in bed, I feel like I haven't accomplished anything on my "list of things to do" (updating my blog is one of those things, but that's going to have to wait). So I end up staying up late, into the wee hours of the morning sometimes, then get woken up early by a small somebody. Not much sleep and feeling like I have a million things to do does not result in a very happy mommy. So Pete did just about the sweetest thing he could have done today... he gave me the "day off" and took all the boys up to Park City so that I could rest and get my feet under me. But he made me promise to not worry about getting everything done that I could, but to rest and relax and take a nap. And that's what I did, and what a great day it was! Pete wasn't feeling completely better himself, so this was truly an act of service and unselfishness. I talked to my mom earlier today and told her a little bit about how I was feeling, and she said the holidays were always tough and even a little depressing for her when she had young kids who made it hard to get things done. I'm so glad I'm not alone! But after today I feel rejuvenated and feel like I can face tomorrow without the stress I felt today.
Thank you SO much Pete! Maybe we should make this a yearly tradition : )
1 comment:
That Pete ... what a guy. I feel ya with the stressful holidays. It's crazy thinking we only have a week left here to get everything done, which has made it a bit hard but I've ended up doing a lot of shopping online because it's just much easier than going to the store with kids ... good luck with your preparations. Don't feel bad about letting some things slide, I know I've given up on a lot of the things I wanted to do. And it's really about just having fun with family and friends right?
Post a Comment