Let the holidays begin!

We kicked off the Christmas season with a trip to the tree farm. This night is almost as fun as Christmas to me. We get our tree, open Christmas pj's (so they can be worn all month long), eat hot cinnamon rolls, and decorate the tree while we listen to Christmas music.


The perfect tree found at last!


The boys in their new jammies.


I hate to brag, but these cinnamon rolls turned out AWESOME. Probably my favorite part of this night : )


Here's the finished product. Not the most grand, full tree you'll ever see, but it fits the space perfectly. I love it!


We saw the lights at Temple Square and brought our neighbor Jack along with us. He hadn't made it down to see the lights in over 10 years, so I think it was quite the treat for him! Unfortunately Pete wasn't feeling too hot while we were there, just barely holding everything in until we got home. Poor guy! He did a good job pretending he was enjoying it : )


Me and my little munchkin


We of course had to make a trip out to see Santa. We met some friends at Modern Display but soon found out that wasn't the best place for us to see Santa... I think my boys could break everything in that store in a matter of minutes if I let them.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

awww... your boys are so cute, and I love hearing about other peoples Christmas traditions, I like that idea of opening the pjs early, that makes way more sense. And please, you can brag about your cinnamon rolls all you want, they looked lush!

Julie said...

cute pictures and fun traditions! we miss our gingerbread house making tradition with you guys! this is our first missed year in years!

Chris and Annalisa said...

Okay, I just have to say it. You are supermom! I'm spending so much time figuring out how to wrangle one 13-month old with us down to see the lights, and you managed to get your whole family PLUS your neighbor. Wow. Is there anything you don't do? You are so amazing! (I still have that picture of your jogger loaded up with all three kids stuck in my brain.) Seriously, woman. Wow!

Melissa + Brett said...

Those cinnamon rolls look heavenly!!!! Love that they get their jammies at the beginning of the month. Great idea!