Water pops

A few days ago we were getting ready to read books before nap time, and the boys decided they wanted a popsicle. So we opened the freezer to find one popsicle left... the kids weren't too happy about that. The day before I had frozen some water in our popsicle molds for me to suck on to help with my sore throat, so I thought for a moment, then hesitantly said "or... you could have a water pop!" I waited for the boys to reject the "water pop" (who wants to suck on ice over a sugary popsicle?) but they both replied with an excited "yeah!" So we all enjoyed sucking on ice while reading books, and the kids never complained(!) The joys of having young, naive kids. They're easy to please!


3 comments:

Emily said...

I love the look Daniel is giving you in the second picture!

Eliza said...

Jess... you rock! Water pops? I mean come on... only a super mom can pull that off :)... you are an inspiration in so many ways! I love reading about your cute family... hope you feel better soon! Maybe i should try the water pop idea... my throat is driving me nuts!

Julie said...

Great idea! I'm going to write that one down. :) We miss you guys so much! I miss our mommy time together too. When we visit soon we will have to get together!