Movie nights

One of our favorite things to do when we have a free night and Pete doesn't have school the next day is to have a movie night with the kids. When I was younger my family would have "Friday Fun Night" every week where all us kids would make beds in the family room, pop some popcorn, and watch a movie. Pete says my parents were training us to fall asleep during movies (and it's true, if you watch a movie with my family at night you can bet that you'll be the only one awake by the end of it!) So I had to get a picture of us carrying on this tradition. We blew up our inflatable mattress and all squeezed on. For our last movie night John chose "Cars" (which they've watched about 50 times, yet still wanted to watch that over any other movie). And sure enough I was asleep by the end of it.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love your cute family and that you and Pete are wearing matching jammies!

Julia Marcum said...

I am always out half way through a movie!! My family jokes I have never seen a whole movie in my life...they may be right.

Brett and Mallory said...

I totally remember those nights when we all had our sleep-overs! I also remember being the only one awake at the end too! How funny to take a stroll down memory lane . . . good times.