Stop her!

So we have some exciting news... (no, I'm not pregnant)... we got a piano! Some family friends got a new piano and gave their old one to us. I'm loving it! Well, mostly. There's only one problem. Whenever I sit down to play John and Daniel stop what they're doing and come right over. John tries to sit by me and play along side me while Daniel stands by the bench and whines until I pick him up. And I can't play while they take their naps, it's too loud. So much for being able to practice.

The same thing seems to happen when I read a book. They can be so happy doing whatever they're doing, but the second I sit down and pick up that book they come right over and try to stop me. It's like they're telling each other, "Mom's not playing with us or doing something for us, stop her!" Oh well. At least they both take really good afternoon naps so I can have a second (actually sometimes 2 or 3 hours!) to breathe.

1 comment:

Erica Borrowman said...

This is hilarious! Ahhh, the memories. Pretty soon - sooner than you like, trust me - you'll be shouting "Stop them!" when they leave to go with their friends, leave to get their driver's licenses, leave to go to college, etc. You have a wonderful attitude and you're a good mom!