Lessons learned on a Sunday morning

- Don't leave dough with yeast in it in the fridge in a container with a lid that doesn't come off... it will explode.
- Don't leave contents in the fridge all over the kitchen floor while you're cleaning up the mess... the next thing I knew Daniel had spilled the orange juice and was playing in it.
- Don't let John sit on the kitchen table with a vase on it... he kicked it over (accidentally?) and water was all over the table and floor.
- Don't let the boys play for too long without supervision... I looked over and John was holding Daniel's feet and dragging him around on the wood floors (but no crying or whining! maybe Daniel was enjoying it).
- Don't let John sit on the counter with flour all over it after you make rolls... before long he was covered (and of course this was right after he took a bath!)

Ahhh, the joys of being a mom!

13 comments:

Steve and Liz Evans said...

YOu have just described my life to a tee! I definitely have those days all the time!

Barb said...

This all happened in ONE morning? Aaahhh!

Tiff-E said...

Ha! Seriously, can't every mom relate to that! I love it! It's funny though, how at the moment it is soooo stressful, and then ten minutes later it's all cleaned up and FUNNY! (Too bad that never helps it to not be stressful while it's all happening huh!) I'm just glad to know other kids make CRAZY messes like my little Kaylie does!

ashley said...

There should be a guide book...but then again when would we have time to read it?

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

haha!! I love it Jess. I don't know how you do it with 2!! One takes all of my attention!

Nick and Kirsten said...

I hope my out of control boys weren't a bad influence on yours Friday night!

Julie said...

Oh I love it! You've got to journal those little things. Now after all of it you can just laugh. Right?? :)

Durrant said...

I love it! Seriously those are the times when all you can do is just laugh at how cute and creative their little minds are! You are such a great mom!

Erica said...

LOL! This brings back so many memories...I even have photos of Alyssa eating butter, covered in flour, and memories of her with bag balm covering her head to toe! It is hard...but in a good way. I'm glad you can already poke fun at it. You're a wonderful mom, Jess - that is obvious.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Hey we have decided to go private. I think I have your email but I'm not sure if it is the one you use. Let me know.

Vagabond Mother said...

Totally relate! We are in the boy trenches, some days, huh? Good thing your boys are so cute.

Molly said...

Ha ha ha... that is so funny. Some days are soooo crazy.

Brookie C. said...

oh man! a tippical day with the boys! I totally feel for ya!