Sick mom? Or sick kids?

I can't decide whether I'd rather be sick or take care of a kid who's sick. Sunday I was throwing up all night. Waking up every couple hours taking care of myself on top of feeding Daniel a couple times makes one tired mom! So my sweet Pete took the boys over to his mom's house all Monday morning so I could recover. I thought it was just something I ate, but sure enough last night John took his turn. After throwing up 3 or 4 times in his own bed (and going through about 10 blankets), John came into our bed around 7. Bad idea! Next thing I knew a fountain was coming out of his mouth, completely soaking our sheets, pillows, and himself. When he was done he stood up on the bed with his shirt completely soaked through, looked at me, and said, "Hold me, Mama." I couldn't help but look at Pete and smile. Ahh, the joys of being a mom!

10 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Ahhhh, Aren't those night just fabulous! Hope you are all feeling better.

Julie said...

ugg.sorry Jess, I hope you guys are feeling better..!

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Oh I am so sorry! Not fun! We have definitely experienced those nights. I hate being sick! At least if you have energy, you can take care of the sick child.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jess, that is rough. After going through a few rounds of stomach flu this past winter, the first sign of throw up makes me hypervenilate! My trick was a huge old beach towel that I would put under Andrew and then I kept a bucket near by. I often ended up sleeping in his room too. I'm so sorry and hope you are feeling better soon!

Julie said...

That's terrible...I sure hope you guys didn't catch anything from being up at the cabin. I hope you are feeling better and John too!

Unknown said...

I hope it wasn't the overcooked spaghetti...

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm so glad days like that are rare and not the usual. I hate nights like that!! I hope you feel better now!

The Summerhays Crew said...

UGH!! Kate had the flu monday and then I caught it Monday night and just today started feeling like I could function again today! It's the worst. I am so selfish, but I would so rather my kids be sick then me, only because I can 100% take care of them, where as if I was sick, they can't take care of me. :)

Durrant said...

I am sorry you guys have been sick. I hope you guys are feeling better!

Tiff-E said...

I'm with Jess S., I would much rather take care of their puke than my own, but only because I can do the laundry and they can't! Ha! No fun though, either way...