In an effort to not get too overwhelmed, I am only posting pictures from spring break. I haven't posted many pictures over the last year, and the thought of catching up makes me not even want to start (maybe that's part of the reason I haven't been on here much!... there are also 5 other little reasons I can think of). I just put Sam down to bed, Will is asleep on my bed (he fell asleep during a movie about an hour ago), John is at scouts with Pete, and Dan and Joe are busy making rainbow loom bracelets downstairs in the family room, so I am giving myself 10 minutes, and only 10 minutes, to write a couple of things on here. There is SO much going on in my life right now, and it kills me to think I might not remember much from this stage of life some day. It is wonderful, funny and challenging. And sadly, I just simply don't have the best memory. So... I am making a goal for myself to get on here every night and take 5 or 10 minutes to write down a thought from the day, something funny one of the kids said or did, something I don't want to forget, or anything else that I want to document.
The kids and Pete had spring break the third week in April, and it was a much needed change of pace. We opted to do a "stay-cation" and see a bunch of the sites in and around Boston. For the few weeks leading up to spring break, we read a lot of children's history books on the Revolutionary War and watched a few videos to help prep us for seeing the historical sites. Here are a few of the places we went:
Salem
Beach at Marblehead
Our smiley Sammy!
A rare picture of me and Pete together. With a child in arms, of course.
The water was freezing cold, but the kids couldn't stay away.
"Cheese!"
Plimoth Plantation
Bunker Hill
On the Minuteman Trail between Lexington and Concord
Ok, my 10 minutes is up, Joe has found me hiding in my room, and here comes Dan up the stairs. I guess that's all for tonight!




No comments:
Post a Comment