Dan's and Will's birthdays were in February and March. They gave everyone something to look forward to as we planned what to do and bought a few presents. Dan chose to have crepes for his birthday breakfast, and, as it turned out, that day was a snow day! But the first thing he said when I told him there was no school was, "What about my birthday book?" His class always makes a book for the birthday boy with a picture drawn by each student. So we tried to do a few fun things at home instead.
We let Dan open some of his presents in the morning so he could have a few things to play with that day. John bought him some Snickers and KitKats with his own money, which was really nice. And Joe bought him some gak.
I made Dan a "Roly Poly" to lay on and play with. Dan always seems to be the recipient of my homemade gifts, with his birthday in the winter. When there's not as much to do outside there's more time to kill inside, and I tend to turn to sewing and crafting. But now all the kids want one, so that's a problem because it took me forever to make!
We made a snowman that day while Will napped. Apparently I'm not the best snow man builder... our snowman turned out having a very large head and a small body.
Everyone was eager to help with the cake.
6 years old! Dan wanted to decorate his cake with the KitKats. Then he gave everyone in the family one of his Snickers. He's such a generous, sweet kid. For his birthday he also really wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese, so that's what we did. We met Pete there and the kids spent 2 hours being completely over stimulated :)
A month later we celebrated Will's birthday. John, Dan and Joe were all counting down to the big day. I don't think Will had any idea it was coming. They helped me plan what to have for his birthday breakfast and all of them bought him small gifts with their own money. Dan bought him a big ball, John a small ball that lights up, and Joe a ring pop. Pete and I bought him some new crib sheets (I'm so mean!) For breakfast we had German Pancakes and fruit. We (or I) decided not to do a cake, so we had him blow out a couple candles in his pancakes. We had a fundraiser for girls camp at the church that night and I knew there would be plenty of dessert for us to have there. And I was right, we ended up buying a cake for $27.
Everyone was overly excited to help Will open his presents. We had to remind them several times to give Will some space and let him do it himself.
I can't believe my youngest is now 2! Will is such a sweet kid. A very sneaky, mischevious kid, but sweet nonetheless. When he looks at me with his cute eyes, I can't help but forgive and forget all the trouble he has caused. Happy birthday to my sweet boys!





No comments:
Post a Comment