A couple days after Christmas, we got more snow than I believe we got all last year combined. About 6 inches. The next couple weeks were heaven for me. I never thought I would say this, but I was so excited to have snow and for it to be cold enough for the snow to stay! We sledded numerous times, ice skated on the free rink in our little town, Pete and I cross country skied on a beautiful single track trail through the woods at a state park just 20 minutes away, and we skied with the kids out our back door on a path we made behind the homes in our neighborhood (no one here has fences) that finally ended in the woods. John and Dan built forts and stashed snowballs for upcoming snowball fights with the neighbor kids, John made a snowman, and Joe was even brave enough this year to venture out alone with his brothers. Such a fun couple weeks. And then temperatures had to get up into the 50's and ruin all the fun. I wish so badly we would actually get a "horrible" Michigan winter, like so many people warned us about. At least we got 2 weeks of it... and hopefully there's more to come!
Owen and Brady, some friends from across the street, came sledding with us
Even though the snow is gone and the lame winter has returned, I have enjoyed doing things with the kids indoors... trains, homemade hammocks (found that idea on Pinterest), making cookies, movies, books and tons of Lego playing have kept everyone occupied. And poor little Will has had a cold and cough the last few days, so we have been joined at the hip (almost literally). But I guess that's really nothing new, it seems he is either on my left hip or strapped to my back the majority of every day.



1 comment:
Glad you're enjoying the snow ... I'm kind of a party pooper when it comes to being cold so I'm glad it was fun for you. Will is looking so grown up! He almost looks like he's asleep in that hammock ... I'll have to try that one.
Post a Comment