I celebrated my 29th birthday on Sunday. And I must say, I was treated like a queen! I have quite the husband. We started out by going to Las Fuentes Saturday night. It's one of the only Mexican restaurants around... it was good, but boy, I could sure go for some Cafe Rio! But it was just fun to go out with the fam. Doesn't happen very often.
Will gave me a wonderful present by sleeping through the entire meal :)
Sunday was the actual birthday. Pete made every meal for me and did all of the dishes. What more could a mother of 4 boys want! Seriously. I thoroughly enjoyed staying out of the kitchen the entire day. I'm so mad I forgot to take a picture of the breakfast he made for me: An omelette with orange and yellow peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and cheese, english muffins, fruit, and a banana, orange, pineapple smoothie. Yum. He made breakfast with the kids downstairs while I got ready for church upstairs... I can't remember the last time I actually straightened my hair and wore it down! Kind of nice for a change. I don't usually have the time.
Fruit and nut salad and rosemary bread
Nachos with beans, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream and cheese, corn on the cob and two different homemade salsas. Pete just winged them, they were delicious!
Pictures the kids drew for me... John drew and wrapped up about 8. He's such a sweetie. Will's gift to me was taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon so that I could do the same! Oh man, so needed. Wish that could happen everyday.
My cake! The kids helped Pete make it. And Pete let them pick out which kind they thought I would like at the store: Rainbow Chip. Of course. Isn't that every kids favorite kind? It was delicious. Thank you Pete and boys for the wonderful birthday!




No comments:
Post a Comment